Ordering, transferring and managing stock is one of the most time-consuming tasks for F&B teams, but one of the most important. With our comprehensive hospitality stock control system, manual, time-poor processes are a thing of the past. Discover a system built with intuitive features at the forefront, ensuring your business remains efficient and profitable.
Orders and deliveries
Manage orders and deliveries across your business in one centralised area. Whether you’re creating new orders or managing deliveries, the process is always streamlined and simple when using our hospitality-developed, stock control system.
• Ordering stock has never been so easy. Simply select what site the stock should be delivered to, the requested delivery date, your chosen supplier and the ingredients required. From there, we’ll automatically notify the supplier via email.
• Kobas generates accurate suggested order values based on sales and historic stock longevity. When placing an order, input how long that stock order should last for and Kobas will do the rest.
• Check and accept incoming goods in real-time using a tablet or mobile device. Any changes in quantity and cost can then be flagged and recorded, including the delivery note which can be attached by using the device’s camera. Simple, accurate, accountable and always up to date.
• Gain full transparency into all pending and historical stock order information with our live activity feed. Browse through all order details, the status, if an invoice has been raised or paid, which member of staff placed the order, and more.
• Manage pre-defined rules to restrict what different team members can order. For example, permitting your Bar Manager to only order wet-led stock.
• Use our ordering AI to ensure that your team order enough, but not too much stock, every time.
Does your hospitality business use a centralised kitchen or often transfer stock between sites? Our stock control system contains the functionality required to accurately record and analyse these key stock movements on a FIFO (first-in, first-out) basis.
• With our transfer fulfillment manager, you can monitor and manage all transfer requests through a secure 4-factor authentication process. Transfers progress from pending through to processing and dispatched, to being received by the requesting venue.
• Select the ingredients or batch prepared products in the same way you would place an order from a supplier. A transfer request is then sent to the supplying venue, ready to manage.
Placing an order with a supplier can be a time-consuming process. A common barrier includes the supplier’s phoneline being engaged, resulting in a voicemail being left and no indication of when the order will be picked up.
Similarly, supplier opening and closing hours are often between 9am and 5pm, leaving management and head chefs with a restricted window for placing orders. Not an ideal scenario when service is busy!
Automating your supplier management process is the solution.
• Automated confirmation emails are sent to the supplier once an online order has been placed through our stock control system, including a PO number. An efficient process with no back and forth communication required. In fact, we timed the process and it takes 2 minutes on average to place an order in full!
• Create and manage your catalogue of suppliers with ease. Your supplier profile includes contact details, tax rates, references and nominal codes for Sage or Xero imports.
• Assign suppliers to your ingredients including the measure per unit, units per pack and price per pack.
The often-dreaded part of the stock cycle is the stocktake. With a manual stock sheet process, it’s easy for mistakes to happen and for discrepancies to appear.
Reduce avoidable errors and increase efficiency by accurately counting and recording items with our automated stock check functionality.
• Conduct stock checks on a tablet device, allowing your team to directly enter stock check information as they go, even where WiFi reception is a limitation.
• All data is recorded in real-time and stored in Kobas cloud in a dedicated stock check activity feed.
• Our stock check functionality permits the entry of entire multi-packs, individual units and even part units, automatically calculating the correct count and helping to eliminate discrepancies.
Operational performance insights
Our Insights product pillar provides teams with a range of detailed reports across three core areas, operational performance, customer engagement and labour analysis. With our operational performance insights, management and head office have the tools needed to discover everything there is to know about stock movements, stock usage, wastage levels, ingredient averages and more.
As a result, helping you to make crucial business decisions that increase profitability.