The Kobas Preparation Display System (KPDS) aims to provide an alternative to paper-based requests both in the kitchen and for busy bars. KPDS is superior to paper dockets in the following ways:
- More accountability – the progression of an order is logged at every step, allowing for average cook time comparison, detailed customer experience analysis etc.
- More durable – paper can be dropped and lost, ink can be smudged.
- Cheaper to run: both in raw paper and ink costs, and in labour delays caused by forced paper reloads or printer jams at busy times.
- Environmentally friendly.
KPDS is currently in its infancy, pre-alpha. We are working with a few key clients in our preview programme to create the future of hospitality preparation.
Version 0.5 – TBA
Version 0.4 – Friday 26th October 2018
- “More” icons top and bottom when a State View column may be scrolled.
- EPoS level logging when an item’s state is changed in any way.
Version 0.3 – Friday 19th October 2018
- View can be changed between “Stream” and “State”. In State view, there is a column for each state and cards move rightwards as they progress towards completion.
- Time colours are inverted to black on white to highlight jobs over 15 minutes old. This time is hard set in PHP, but JS accepts it as configuration.
- The time flashes to highlight jobs over 30 minutes old. This time is hard set in PHP, but JS accepts it as configuration.
- If enough jobs are in the same state so as to not stack on the screen vertically, that column scrolls with the up and down keys as jobs are highlighted.
- In State View the left and right arrows should jump to the top of the column either side. If a column is empty but there are jobs further away in that direction, it will jump straight to that state column.
- Support state colours from database driven content; support different states and colours per PDS within each venue.
- Highlight order items that are in a more progressed state than the base order.
- Ability to move individual order items individually to any state.
- All existing functionality now supports touch! Great for developing and testing, but the main reason is to support touch screens in venues, or even iPads.
Version 0.2 – Friday 12th October 2018
- Stream view changed to always show jobs in order oldest to newest.
- Job age show in real time in minutes and hours.
- Colours are now used to represent states, not job age.
- It is possible to move a job to any state (previously could only progress it).
- If an order has a note or a table place, an icon for each is show in standard view. In detailed view, this information is clearly shown.
- If an order item has a note, an icon is shown in standard view. In detailed view, the whole note is shown.
Version 0.1 – Friday 21st September 2018
- “Stream view” – jobs appear as “cards” (html articles) on screen.
- Job colours change as the job ages.
- It is possible to highlight jobs using the arrow keys.
- Pressing enter while on a card progresses it to the next state.
- Cards re-order to show most progressed state first.
- Cards show job creation time (order placed time).