Strictly no agencies. Really. No agencies at all, whatsoever. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
About KobasThe Kobas team provides Software-as-a-Service to the hospitality industry, transforming operational routines from dull, spreadsheet-based grind to quick, point-and-click management, across our core product pillars: In-Venue, Operations, Customers, Teams and Insights. Our software helps businesses process millions of pounds of sales each year. We unite with our clients so that they can benefit from our industry-leading technology, as well as ensuring that best practices can be followed, sharing knowledge amongst our clients, providing insight, and achieving maximum ROI.
About the roleResponsible to the Client Services Manager:
Co-own and manage all hardware support elements of the Kobas business, working across the Sales, Implementation and Client Services teams to deliver competent and robust EPoS solutions and support.
Kobas is staffed by a fully-remote, cross-functional team of experts in software engineering, DevOps, hospitality management and EPoS hardware. We have worked in a distributed manner for several years and we know how to make that work properly. We work flexibly and have team members across the UK, and in Romania. This role is remote, but we are looking for applicants able to get into London when needed.
Responsibilities• Carrying out site surveys and audits
• Investigate fault trends
• Service and install a wide range of EPoS equipment
• Assist the Implementation team with remote upgrades and on-site installations where required
• Maintain appropriate internal records on all Kobas EPoS venues and equipment in them
• Manage the RMA process
• Assist Client Services on any hardware or network related support issues within agreed SLAs
• Liaise with the implementation team to ensure we hold an appropriate amount of EPoS stock in the business
• Provide first and second line support across all Kobas services where needed
What you will need• To be well-organised and excited about working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to be able to work on weekends to suit business needs where required
•Excellent communication skills and able to work closely with a diverse range of people and teams
• Comfortable operating computers from the command line, ideally with Linux experience
• Knowledge of LAN configurations including network segments, CIDR, DHCP etc.
• Experience configuring domestic and commercial network routers
• Able to assemble and crimp RJ11 / RJ45 connectors
What we would love to see• Experience building and maintaining CentOS machines
• Experience with PoS systems
• Driving Licence
The package● £25,000-£30,000 basic salary, dependent on experience. Salary is reviewed annually.
● Remote-first ethos, with optional offices if you prefer. Must be able to commute into London when required to assist in client venues there.
● We work flexibly around usual UK office hours, allowing you to put yourself and your family first. You’ll need to be available for on-call on a rota basis, permitting more flexibility during usual working hours.
● 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays and annual increments with service.
● Workplace pension scheme.
● An employee assistance program provided by healthassured.org
● The role is permanent, subject to success in a 3-month probation period.